Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Why Exaggerate When The Truth Is So Much Scarier?

Tomorrow is the last day of class before Spring Break. (Cue: Singing, dancing, and weeping openly.) I am so excited about the break, though I fear that the word "break" may be a trick. Sure I won' t be going to school for a whole week, but I will be driving to Frederick, Maryland for a week of visiting with family, and I do have MOUNDS of work to do during that time. Seriously. This is not hyperbole. I have piles of stuff stacked in our home office that all has to be done.

You remain unconvinced of my plight? Well, I have to read 21 Julia Mood Peterkin entries over Spring Break (or SB, as it shall be referred to henceforth.) Then there's the essay I need to rewrite and the 3 new essays I need to write for Creative Non-Fiction. (And let's not forget the 4 essays I need to critique.) That's one class's work. Then there's Domesticity. (Yes, that's a class.) I have major reading to do, plus research for my project and 2 journals to write. I need to do research for my Senior Seminar Careers project. And last (and certainly not least, well, maybe a little bit least), there's Buffy. We're up to Season 6, and I have episodes to watch, Buffy Blogs to write, and a presentation/discussion to prepare. Are you tired yet?

On the up and exciting side, I have turned in the final manuscript of the 2009 issue of Concept!!!! (Yes, I used exclamation points despite my training.) I think it looks really professional (the journal, not my exclamation points), and we are very, very proud of how it's turned out. Everyone has worked so hard, and I hope it's going to pay off in a wonderful journal.

So tomorrow is going to be a full day of housecleaning, laundry, packing, shopping, Buffy class, working in the writing center, and women's Bible study. I'm going to be too tired to go on vacation! Unfortunately, no one has told the cats yet that we are leaving. Maybe we can sneak out before they notice we are gone. Hobson gets very upset when we leave.

Despite insanity and severe bouts of overwhemedness (yes, I made up a word - it's a gift), I am still excited. Regardless of what craziness goes down in the next month and a half, I will be graduating on May 16th. I think I may look different once I'm a college graduate. You may not even recognize me if you see on the street. But then again, you probably will...I'll be woman walking around town in blue jeans, flip flops, and a mortarboard and tassle.

No comments:

Post a Comment